NEWCASTLE – Club Championship Rnd 3 – POSTPONED

30 Jul 2020



Urgent message regarding the upcoming race meet.

Due to the worsening COVID-19 situation and after lengthy discussions with key sporting stakeholders, the NKRC board have made the incredibly difficult decision to postpone the August race meeting.

This decision has not been reached lightly, but the health and safety of our members, volunteers and officials must be our main priority. As well as the potential devastating financial and reputational damage to the club and the entire Karting community as a whole, if the worst were to happen.

The recent COVID-19 clusters in Sydney, the Central Coast, East Maitland and Port Stephens have created a situation where the risks of holding our planned race meeting next weekend are simply far too great. At this stage, we intend on holding Round 3 of our club championship next month if the situation has improved. All pre-entries will be refunded in full.

The club will remain open and will continue to operate for practice as we have for the past couple of months. But we do ask that when onsite we all maintain social distancing and follow the direction of club staff and volunteers.

It is of the upmost importance and a requirement of entry that all visitors to the club complete a COVID-19 Declaration form before attending, and all visitors (drivers, pit crew or family) report to the canteen before driving to or entering the pit area, to be signed in and have temperature checked.

The NKRC board would like to thank everyone for helping to keep each other safe, so that we can keep our club open for all. Thank you.

On behalf of the NKRC board,


Micheal French
President – Newcastle Kart Racing Club